Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My poppet | Mornington baby photography

Amelia was about 2.5 weeks old before we even noticed the birthmark on her shoulder! That sounds terrible doesn't it, really we do take notice of our daughter. It's just that with her prem and heart issues she was in special care and cardiac care and couldn't be handled or bathed much for the first few weeks of her life. I noticed it first and thought it was just a red mark from the wires and lines she had in, but when we had a closer look we realised that it was her very own special mark :) The funny thing was for that type of birthmark medication is sometimes prescribed for them. Just so happens that that medication is the same one that she is on for her heart condition.

We are off to Royal Childrens again tomorrow for her checkup and she'll be fitted with a Holter monitor again. If you are trying to contact me, please just email me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible ~ Thanks :)

1 comment:

Carolina said...

It's the little things that make it all so special. DS has a little mark on his wrist that just happens to be the same shape as my birthmark on my stomach... Only mine's about 20 times bigger LOL!